Renew your ID card online or in-person at a driver licensing office.
How to renew your ID card
- Renew online if you received a renewal letter from us or Log in or create an account to renew online and save your information for next time.
- If you need to update your address, please change your address before you renew. When you renew, we match your Washington residence address with the United States Postal Service.
- Print the receipt when you're done. It will show you've renewed your ID card but is not valid for use as identification since it doesn't include your photo or signature.
- We'll mail your new card to the Washington residence address we have on file for you in 7-10 business days. If you don't get it within 30 days, call us at 360-902-3900 (TTY: call 711).
- Make an appointment to visit a driver licensing office.
- Be sure to bring your current ID card and payment for the renewal fee.
- Before we take your photo, we'll ask you to remove anything that covers your face or head, like a hat or sunglasses. We'll make exceptions for medical and religious reasons.
Enhanced ID cards (EIDs)
Please see Renew your EDL/EID to learn how to renew your enhanced ID card.