Find out how to get a replacement card if your EID is lost or stolen.
How to replace your EID
Are you eligible to replace your EID card online?
You can replace your EID card online if:
- You have a valid unexpired EID card.
- The expiration date is more than three months away. If your card expires within three months, renew your EID card instead.
- You haven't replaced or renewed your EID card online within the past 12 months.
- We have your Social Security number and current address on file.
You can't replace your enhanced ID card online if:
- You moved out of Washington State.
- You changed your name from what is printed on your EID card.
- Your record shows you had a dishonored check, unpaid traffic fines, unpaid re-issuance fee, suspension, revocation, or cancellation.
Replace EID online
- Replace online without creating an account or logging in to replace online and save your information.
- You can print a receipt for your records.
- After we approve your application, we'll mail an exact copy of the lost or stolen EID card to the address we have on file for you.
- You should get your replacement card within 10 days.
Replace EID in-person
If you need a new photo or replaced online in the last 12 months, you can replace your EID card at any driver licensing office.
- Make an appointment to visit a driver licensing office.
- Be prepared and bring:
- Before we take your photo, we'll ask you to remove anything that covers your face or head, like a hat or sunglasses. We'll make exceptions for medical and religious reasons.
- The office will print you a receipt. This receipt won't have your photo and therefore isn't valid as identification.
- We'll mail your new card within 7-10 days.