Find out how to get a replacement ID if your card is lost or stolen.
How to replace your ID card
Replace ID card online
You can replace your ID card online if you haven't replaced or renewed your card online in the past 12 months.
- Get a replacement without creating an account. Use this option if you don't remember the number on your card.
- If you already have an account, log in to get your replacement.
- Pay the $20 fee.
- The online printed receipt won't have your photo and therefore isn't valid as identification.
- Your new card:
Replace ID card in-person
If you need a new photo or replaced online in the last 12 months, you can replace your ID card at any driver licensing office.
- Make an appointment to visit a driver licensing office.
- Be prepared and bring:
- Your proof of identity
- Payment for the $20 fee
- Before we take your photo, we'll ask you to remove anything that covers your face or head, like a hat or sunglasses. We'll make exceptions for medical and religious reasons.
- The office will print you a receipt. This receipt won't have your photo and therefore isn't valid as identification.
- We'll mail your new card within 7-10 days. If you don't get it within 30 days, call us at 360-902-3900 (TTY: call 711).