New law raises plate fees starting July 1, 2022

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Paper filing and searches: UCC

How to file or search by paper

  1. Get a copy of the UCC national form from this website or a stationery or office supply store where legal forms are sold.
  2. Type in the information.
  3. Mail the completed form to the UCC Filing Office at:
    UCC Filing Office
    Department of Licensing
    PO Box 9660
    Olympia, WA 98507-9660

When to choose this option

  • If you need to pay by check or money order.
  • If you have attachments on paper that must be included. (Please see Revised Article 9 or consult a legal advisor on their necessity.)
  • If you don't have Internet access.


No development costs. Information may be typed right into the UCC national form provided on our website.


  • Cost: It costs more to submit paper filings than electronic submissions, and paper filings require postage.
  • Longer wait times: It takes at least 2 days longer to file or search by paper. Mailing time is added at both the beginning and end of the process.

Payment options

  • Personal or business check
  • Money order
  • If you have a pre-established account, electronic funds transfer

Related information

Chatbot icon
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website