Real estate appraiser temporary permit
Who needs an appraiser temporary permit?
- Licensed or certified real estate appraisers who are actively licensed in another state with an assignment contract to provide appraisal services for all types of real property in Washington.
- One permit is issued per assignment contract and no more than 3 permits can be issued in a calendar year.
How to apply for a temporary permit
You can apply online or by mail.
Log in or sign up to apply online.
Mail a completed Real Estate Appraiser Temporary Practice Application with required documents to address on application.
- Include a copy of your assignment contract.
- Enclose the temporary permit fee in the form of a check or money order (payable to the Department of Licensing).
A temporary permit is valid for no more than 6 months from the date it's issued. Permits may be extended if a written request is received at least 2 weeks before it expires.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.6504