Real estate appraiser temporary permit

We can't receive overnight deliveries in Olympia.

  • Mail applications and documents with money to the PO Box in Seattle. (Mail deliverers requiring signatures won't deliver to a PO Box.) The U.S. Post Office offers an overnight service that doesn’t require signatures if you need to expedite your application.
  • To receive updates and alerts, sign up for our listserv.

If you're licensed or certified as a real estate appraiser in another state, you may apply for a temporary permit to practice in Washington.

How to apply for a temporary permit

  1. Complete a Real Estate Appraiser Temporary Practice Application.
  2. Enclose a copy of your assignment contract. The contract must:
    • Be on letterhead.
    • Be dated and signed.
    • Include the subject address.
    • Describe the scope of the assignment.
    • Show the due date.
  3. Enclose the $150 fee (check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing).
  4. Submit the application, assignment contract, and fee to us at the address on the application. (We can't accept applications or process payments sent directly to our location. All applications must be sent to the Seattle PO Box).

Expiration date

A temporary permit is valid for no more than 6 months from the date it's issued. Permits may be extended if a written request is received at least 2 weeks before it expires.

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website