Professional wrestling participant
We expect a processing delay for mailed applications and renewals. Renew or apply online for faster processing of your license. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
You must be at least 18 years old.
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help, visit How to set up account access.
How to apply
You can apply online or by mail.
Apply and pay by mail.
- Send the following:
- Completed Combative Sports Participant License Application.
- Physical Examination for Referees and Professional Combative Sports Participants, completed and signed by a medical doctor (MD), osteopath (DO), or naturopath (ND) only.
- Check or money order for the application fee payable to the Department of Licensing.
- Mail to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856
What is professional wrestling?
Any person engaged physically in the wrestling exhibition or show.
Wrestling exhibition or show
A form of sports entertainment in which the participants display their skills in a physical struggle against each other in the ring. The outcome may be predetermined, or the participants don't necessarily strive to win, or both.