Members: Board of Licensure for Landscape Architects
What does the board do?
The board provides consumer protection to the public through the licensing of landscape architects as well as recommends rules and regulations for administering licensing and regulatory laws.
What are the responsibilities of board members?
- Attend all board meetings. They usually meet 4 times a year. Meeting dates, times, and locations are decided by the board and administrative staff.
- Spend approximately 8 hours a month on board business.
Are board members paid?
Yes, $50 per day for attending meetings and board business done outside of meetings. Also, reimbursed for certain expenses related to traveling to and from board meetings.
How are board officers selected?
Elections for new board officers are held annually.
The Washington State Board of Landscape Architects regulates the landscape architecture profession to foster the health, safety, and welfare of the State of Washington.
|Deb Peters||Chair||September 5, 2023|
|Sharon Robinson-Losey||Vice Chair||September 5, 2026|
|Curtis LaPierre||Secretary||September 5, 2025|
|Daren Crabill||Member||September 5, 2027|
|Len Zickler||Member||September 5, 2023|
Who is on the board?
The board consists of 5 members:
- 4 licensed landscape architects who:
- Are residents of Washington State.
- Have at least 8 years' experience in responsible charge of landscape architectural work or teaching.
- 1 public member who:
- Is a resident of Washington State.
- Does not employ or is not employed by or professionally or financially associated with a landscape architect.