Limited in-person driver licensing appointments available. Learn more.
Extensions granted for some expiring driver licenses and instruction permits.

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Getting or transferring a license: Military assistance

Who qualifies

You may be eligible for assistance getting a professional license in Washington State if you're:

  • A member of the U.S. armed forces (Active or Reserve Components)
  • A member of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
  • A member of the U.S. National Guard
  • A member of the U.S. Merchant Marines
  • The spouse or registered domestic partner of any of the above.

Types of assistance available

  • Use of military experience and training
    Many programs accept military experience or training to assist in meeting the qualifications for licensure.
  • Expedited or temporary license
    If you have a current professional license from another state and are relocating to Washington State, you may be able to get an expedited license for your profession in Washington.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website