Getting or transferring a license: Military assistance
You may be eligible for assistance getting a professional license in Washington State if you're:
- A member of the U.S. armed forces (Active or Reserve Components)
- A member of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- A member of the U.S. National Guard
- A member of the U.S. Merchant Marines
- The spouse or registered domestic partner of any of the above.
Types of assistance available
- Use of military experience and training
Many programs accept military experience or training to assist in meeting the qualifications for licensure.
- Expedited license
If you have a current professional license from another state and are relocating to Washington State, you may be able to get an expedited license for your profession in Washington.
Questions? Need help?
- Contact the program area that licenses your profession.