Our website is getting a new look! Coming Summer 2023 – stay tuned!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

How to become a motorcycle training school

Who can apply?

Anyone who meets the contract requirements and Washington Motorcycle Safety Program (WMSP) Policies and Procedures may contract with DOL to provide motorcycle training and testing services.

As a motorcycle training school, you will be required to provide:

  • 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle safety training.
  • 2-wheel and 3-wheel license endorsement testing.

What you'll need

  • A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
  • Insurance policy.
  • Curriculum authorization.

How to apply

You can apply online.

  • Prepare your documents for upload:
    • Insurance policy.
    • Curriculum authorization.
  • Create your SAW account to apply online.

Apply online

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. For more information visit military assistance.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. For more information, visit Get paid back for test fees.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Chatbot icon