Is your driver license expiring soon? Renew your license online!
Limited in-person appointments available. Learn more.
Apply for a first-time instruction permit online.

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Exam: Real estate brokers

How to schedule an exam

  1. Before you complete your course, you must register as a student with our testing vendor, Applied Measurements Professionals, Inc. (AMP), so your school can submit your course completion information electronically. To register as a student with AMP:
    • Go to www.goAMP.com.
    • Click the Portals tab at the top of the screen.
    • Select "Washington Student User" and follow the registration instructions.
  2. Your school must submit your course completions to AMP electronically to complete the examination registration process.
  3. After your school submits your education information to AMP, schedule your exam online, by phone, or by mail. To schedule online:
    • Go to www.goAMP.com.
    • Choose "Schedule/Reschedule Examination" and follow the instructions.

What to bring to the testing center

You must bring 2 current (not expired) forms of identification with you to the testing center:

  • They must include your current name and signature.
  • At least 1 of them must have your current photograph.
  • If you don't bring your identification, you won't be allowed to take the exam.

Exam results

Your exam results are valid for 1 year. If you don't apply for a license before your results expire, you'll have to reapply to take the exam. You may also have to meet additional education requirements.

If you fail the exam

If you fail the exam, your score report will include instructions for retaking it. If you fail part of the exam, you'll need to retake the part you failed. You'll have 6 months to retake the exam.

For veterans, military personnel, and partners

Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. For more information visit military assistance.

If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. For more information, visit Get paid back for test fees.

Chatbot icon
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website