If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Designated brokers: Real estate


To qualify for a designated broker's endorsement, you must have:

  • A Washington State real estate managing broker license.
  • A controlling interest in each firm for which you're a designated broker.

How to apply for an endorsement

To become a designated broker for a firm, the firm must use our online process to select you as their designated broker. They can do this the firm is first licensed or to replace an outgoing designated broker.

Endorsement expiration

Your designated broker endorsement appears on your managing broker license. The endorsement expires with your license 2 years after it's issued.

How to renew your endorsement

Your designated broker endorsement renews automatically when you renew your managing broker license. See How to renew your license: Real estate brokers and managing brokers.

How to remove an endorsement from your license

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website