How to get your security guard certified trainer license
To get a private security guard certified trainer endorsement, you must:
- Be licensed as a security guard principal, unarmed security guard, or armed security guard.
- Pass an exam given by the Department of Licensing. (See Security guard exam study guide.)
What you'll need
A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start. For help visit How to set up account access.
How to apply
You can apply online or by mail.
Create your SAW account to apply and pay your fees online.
Send the following:
- Completed Private Security Guard Exam/Reexam Application.
- Check or money order for the exam fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
Private Security Guard Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
For veterans, military personnel, and partners
Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. For more information visit military assistance.
If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. For more information, visit Get paid back for test fees.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.6611