Our website is getting a new look! Coming Summer 2023 – stay tuned!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

How to get your license: Off–road vehicle dealer

The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.

Who needs a license?

Each business location that:

  • Sells any motorized vehicles (other than snowmobiles or watercraft) intended for use on trails or cross–country
  • and
  • Doesn't hold a Miscellaneous Vehicle Dealer license

If you don't have a dealer license, it is illegal to:

  • Sell more than 4 vehicles registered to you in any 12 months
  • Buy and sell vehicles for the purpose of making a profit
  • Sell any number of vehicles that aren't registered to you


All retail vehicle dealers are required to use the E‑permits system. Find out more about E‑Permits.

How to apply

Note: We issue this license, but it's processed by the Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service (BLS). BLS prints it on the business license they provide. They refer to licenses issued by us as endorsements to the business license.

Apply online with the Department of Revenue

What you'll need

  • Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E–check to pay:

Want to apply by mail?

  1. Complete or get the following:
  2. Mail the completed forms and supporting documents with a check/money order payable to the Department of Revenue for the BLS fees and the off–road vehicle dealer license and plate fees to:
    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507–9034

After you receive your license

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Chatbot icon