How to renew your license: Vehicle and vessel dealers
Things to know
- July 1, 2017, we stopped issuing new wholesale dealer licenses. See .
- July 1, 2018, wholesale vehicle dealer licenses issued prior to June 30, 2012 qualify for renewal. See .
The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.
How to renew
What you'll need
- If needed, supporting documents shown below, ready for upload
- MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E-check to pay:
- BLS renewal fee
- License and plate renewal fees for your license type
Want to renew by mail?
Follow the instructions on your renewal letter. If you did not receive a renewal letter, contact Business Licensing Service at 360.705.6741. Have your Unified Business Identification (UBI) number ready.
Supporting document for your renewal
Used vehicle dealers only: Certificate of Dealer Education showing you've completed at least 5 hours of approved training. To get your education certificate, contact one of the following education providers:
- Washington State Independent Automobile Dealers Association
707 Auburn Way South
Auburn, WA 98002
253.735.0267 or 800.877.3577
- Independent Dealers Education Association
5812 N Vista Lane
Spokane, WA 99212