How to get your license: Snowmobile dealer
The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.
Who needs a license?
Each business location that sells motorized snowmobiles for recreational use.
If you don't have a dealer license, it is illegal to:
- Sell more than 4 snowmobiles registered to you in any 12 months.
- Buy and sell snowmobiles for the purpose of making a profit.
- Sell any number of snowmobiles that aren't registered to you.
All retail vehicle dealers are required to use the E‑permits system. Find out more about E‑Permits.
How to apply
Note: We issue this license, but it's processed by the Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service (BLS). BLS prints it on the business license they provide. They refer to licenses issued by us as endorsements to the business license.
Apply online with the Department of Revenue
What you'll need
- Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E–check to pay:
Want to apply by mail?
- Complete or get the following:
- Mail the completed forms with a check/money order payable to the Department of Revenue for the BLS fees and the snowmobile dealer license and plate fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507–9034
After you receive your license
Questions? Need help?