Conditions of Use
© Washington State Department of Licensing. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.
Please read this Access Agreement ("Agreement") carefully before accessing Washington State Department of Licensing ("DOL", "we", or "our") information through a DOL website or web connection to mainframe data (the "Site"). This Agreement is entered into between DOL and any individual or entity that accesses or uses the Site (the "User" or "you.") As a condition to accessing the Site, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and DOL's Privacy and Security Statement. When you use or access the Site, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, do not access the Site.
The Site is owned and operated by DOL, and is provided without charge. It is an Internet website designed to create an online community of users. It contains or may contain information, communications, opinions, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, software, photos, music, sounds, and other material and data (collectively, "Content") formatted, organized, and collected in a variety of forms that are generally accessible to Users, including connections to mainframe data, databases, and interactive areas that may or may not be modified by Users.
Access to and interacting with the Site
You are responsible for providing all hardware, software, telephone, or other communications equipment and/or service to connect to the Internet and access the Site, and are responsible for all Internet access charges, telephone charges, digital certification costs, or other fees or charges incurred in connecting to the Internet and accessing or interacting with the Site.
We do not guarantee access to the Site, or that the Site or any link will be uninterrupted or error free. The Content within the Site may include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Under no circumstances shall DOL be liable for any decision made or action taken by you in connection to the Content. Periodically, changes will be made and incorporated in the Content. We may make changes in the Content at any time.
Web Site Accessibility Policy
We are committed to providing access to all individuals, disabled or not, seeking information on our Site. If you are having trouble accessing information on this site, we will be glad to send you the information in an alternative format. Please send us an email and tell us all of the following:
- The nature of your accessibility needs.
- The URL (web address) of the material you tried to access.
- Your contact information.
We will contact you and attempt to provide the information you sought.
You may also call 360.902.3600 for assistance. (TTY call 711)
You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes and employ reasonable security practices (for example, changing protected passwords frequently, locking unattended terminals, etc.), as needed. You are solely responsible for knowing and adhering to any and all laws, statutes, rules, and regulations related to:
- Your use of the Site, including any interactive area.
- The use of any networks or other services connected to the Site.
- The communications means by which you connect your modem, computer, or other equipment to the Site.
By accessing the Site you agree that you will NOT:
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the interactive features.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would be a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy and publicity rights, or material or derivative works which are protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, without first getting permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes or which contains advertising.
- Alter, damage, or delete any Content or other communications that is not your own Content, or otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access the Site.
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication.
- Claim a relationship with or to speak for any business, association, institution, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship.
- Violate any operating rule, policy, or guideline of your Internet access provider or online service.
- Participate in the unauthorized use or disclosure by any party of any information accessed for any purpose.
- Claim ownership rights to DOL applications, code, or structural framework of any DOL database accessed from the Site.
Links to DOL from other websites
You don't need advance permission to link to the DOL website; however, you should be aware that subpage addresses may change at any time without notice. If you link to our website, you should continuously verify any links to subpages.
Links to the DOL website must NOT:
- Display DOL web pages within frames.
- Present DOL content as your own.
- Misinform users about the origin or ownership of DOL content.
Certain information or graphics on our web pages may be trademarked, service-marked, or otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws, and must reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Credit Card Refunds
Refund requests for credit card transactions on this Site must be made in writing to DOL and may be subject to a refund-processing fee.
Your only right with respect to dissatisfaction with any of our policies, guidelines, or practices in operating the Site is to discontinue accessing the Site. We may terminate or temporarily suspend your access to secure services, without notice, for conduct that we believe is a violation of this Agreement or any DOL policies or guidelines (for example, we may terminate access on inactive or closed accounts, etc.), or for other conduct which we believe, in our sole discretion, is harmful to DOL or other Users. We may discontinue operating the Site and/or terminate this Agreement without notice at any time for any reason, in our sole discretion. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Site, including the interactive areas; and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to Content from the Site, as well as the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Agreement, and DOL's Privacy and Security Statement, shall survive.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless DOL, its employees, and agents from any and all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from breach of this Agreement, your use or access of the Site or any Internet site linked to or from the Site, or in connection with the transmission of any Content on the Site.
This Agreement and DOL's Privacy and Security Statement comprise the entire agreement between DOL and you, and supersedes any prior agreements with respect to this subject matter.
We may revise this Agreement or any other policy at any time, and revisions shall be effective when they are posted on the Site. You agree to review this Agreement, and DOL's Privacy and Security Statement, periodically to be aware of any revisions. If any revision is unacceptable to you, you must discontinue accessing the Site. Your continued accessing and use of the Site following any revision shall be deemed acceptance of all such revisions.
If any provision of this Agreement or any other policy is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be interpreted according to applicable law to reflect the original intention of the parties as nearly as possible, and the remaining portions will continue in full force and effect.
DOL's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington and the venue of any action brought hereunder shall be in the Superior Court for Thurston County. This Agreement is personal to you and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone. Violations of any term by you may result in monetary, civil, and/or criminal penalties.