What is DAPS?
- Web-based search tool for use by law enforcement and other governmental entities
- Search for driver, vehicle, and vessel records
- Requires registration with our License eXpress for Business
Who can access DAPS?
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, and other government agencies
- 911 dispatch, communications, and records centers
What is DIAS?
The DIAS system allows courts to electronically access and update DOL driver records. DIAS provides:
- The ability to add and adjudicate unresolved traffic citations (UTCs).
- Submit and correct court convictions, deferred prosecution, and pre-trial ignition interlock requirements.
- Submit an abstract of judgment for motor vehicle loss.
- Access driver records.
- Request certified driver record inquiries.
- Request certified driver photos.
- Request address history.
- Request to add and remove vehicle violation registration holds.
Who can access DIAS?
- Municipal, district, and superior courts
- Local and state government agencies
- Prosecuting attorneys
- Law enforcement
Access request form
Download the DAPS and DIAS Agency Access Request Form.
- Use the Access Request Form to apply for access to the DAPS or DIAS systems.
- You must choose an Administrator who has authorization to "click to agree" with the contract terms and conditions.
- Review the terms and conditions in advance by clicking on the links below.
- Someone with authority to authorize the Administrator to agree to the contract on behalf of your organization must sign the application.
- Submit a copy of the Administrator’s credentials with the application.
- Email the completed form to DataServices@dol.wa.gov.
- Incomplete forms will delay the processing.
- All users must sign the Appropriate Use Declaration.
- Keep a signed copy of the declaration on file in your organization’s office. Do not return it to us.
- We may request copies of the declaration form at any time. This is to ensure compliance with this requirement.
Your organization must submit an annual statement of compliance upon request. The statement of compliance covers:
- Data security and privacy requirements.
- Permissible use.
Contract terms and conditions
Accessing the systems
What you need
- A computer with any operating system (such as Windows) and any of the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet access (broadband, DSL, or dial up)
Your browser must be the current version or one version prior.
How to get started
The administrator for the DAPS or DIAS account should follow the steps below. This person will manage system access for their employees.
- Set up Administrator Access
- On the application, your organization must designate an Administrator who is authorized to "click to agree" with the contract terms and conditions. This person will manage system access for their employees. Using the DAPS Account User Guide or DIAS Account User Guide linked below, follow the instructions to sign a "click to agree" contract to use the systems.
- Set up Managers and Users Access
- Once a contract has been executed, follow the instructions in the DAPS Account User Guide or DIAS Account User Guide to set up account access and add additional users.
- Conduct searches
- Instructions for conducting searches are in the DAPS Account User Guide or DIAS Account User Guide linked below.
DAPS/DIAS user guides
SecureAccess Washington (SAW)
Need additional help? Here's how to contact us.
- Email: DRIVEShelp@dol.wa.gov
DAPS and DIAS
- Email: DataServices@dol.wa.gov