How long will my license be disqualified?
We'll disqualify you from holding a Commercial Driver License (CDL) for one year (or three years if the incident occurred while you were transporting hazardous materials).
A second incident will disqualify you from holding a CDL for life.
How do I re-qualify?
You can't re-qualify from a lifetime disqualification.
- Pass the CDL knowledge and driving tests
- Show a certificate of completion dated after January 2009 from a Registered School or Registered Employer
- For a hazardous materials endorsement, pass a separate knowledge test
- We also may require you to show us a letter from the Transportation Security Administration stating you passed their background check
- Pay a $35 re-qualification fee
Can I appeal the disqualification?
You may request an administrative review. We will send you the form to request a review with your notice of disqualification.