How long will my license be disqualified?
- First violation: 180 days
- Second violation: Two years (three years if the incident occurred while you were transporting hazardous materials or transporting 16 or more passengers, including the driver.)
- Third violation: three years
How do I re-qualify?
- Pay a $35 re-qualification fee.
- If disqualified for 1 year or longer, pass the Commercial Driver License (CDL) knowledge and driving tests.
- For a hazardous materials endorsement, pass a separate knowledge test.
- We also may require you to show us a letter from the Transportation Security Administration stating you passed their background check.
Can I appeal the disqualification?
You may request an administrative review.