Change your address: Driver license and ID card
Things to know
- You have 10 days after you move to change your address on your driver license or ID card.
- There's no cost to update your address. There is a $20 fee for getting a new card with your updated address on it.
- Updating your address on your driver license doesn't change your address on your vehicle. You'll need to do that separately.
- Log in or join to see what addresses we have on file.
- Change your address online
- Decide if you want a new card
- Update your vehicle address, if needed
- Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
1. Change your address online
Log in or join to change your address online.
2. Decide if you want a new card
- If so, you can request a new card when you change your address online in your License eXpress account. It’ll still have your current photo.
- If you want a new photo, you'll need to make an appointment to visit a driver licensing office. You can have your photo taken for an additional fee. Be prepared to wait in line. See Tips for visiting an office: Driver licensing offices.
- If you don't want a new card, you can wait until you renew your license or ID. This means you won’t be able to use your card as proof of your new address.
3. Update your vehicle address, if needed
If you haven't already, you may need to change your address on your vehicle registration.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
- By phone: 866.936.8246
- Tips for visiting an office: Driver licensing offices
- Change your name on your driver license or ID card
- Change your name or address: EDL/EID