CDL disqualifications: Using any motor vehicle in the commission of a felony
How long will my license be disqualified?
- First incident: 1 year (3 years if the incident occurred while you were transporting hazardous materials.)
- Second incident or more: For life
How do I re-qualify?
- First incident:
- Pass the Commercial Driver License (CDL) knowledge and driving tests.
- For a hazardous materials endorsement, pass a separate knowledge test. (We also may require you to show us a letter from the Transportation Security Administration stating you passed their background check.)
- Pay a $35 re-qualification fee.
- Second incident or more: You can't re-qualify from a lifetime disqualification.
Can I appeal the disqualification?
You may request an administrative review.
RCW 46.25.090(1)(d) and (2): Disqualification — Grounds for, period of — Records.
Questions? Need help?
Call us: 360.902.3900 (TTY: Call 711)