Renew or update your CDL

Non-domicile changes effective February 13, 2018

We've implemented a temporary workaround for non-domiciled Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders that will need to renew their CDL between February – September 2018.

There have been changes for CDL drivers who aren't United States citizens. If you have a CDL and have an:

  • Unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
  • or
  • Unexpired foreign passport with an approved unexpired I-94 form

We'll issue you a non-domiciled CDL for 1 year.

If you have an unexpired Commercial License Permit (CLP) you can apply for a CDL if you meet all other requirements to hold a CDL. See Steps to getting a CDL. All documents must be approved and not expired at the time you’re issued your CDL.

Commercial driver license

When you apply to renew or upgrade your commercial driver license (CDL), visit a driver licensing office location and:

Hazardous materials endorsement

If you want to keep or upgrade a hazardous materials endorsement (HME), you must:

Questions? Need help?

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website