Change your Driver license to an ID card
Things to know
- If you don't want a driver license anymore, you can change it to an ID card.
- Your ID card can be used for identification but not for driving.
- If you change from an Enhanced Driver License/ID (EDL/EID) to a standard ID, your card will be marked "federal limits apply".
- The fee to change to an:
- ID is $54
- EID is $96
Change your driver license to an ID card
Make an appointment to change your driver license to an ID card at a driver licensing office.
What if I haven't received my ID card yet?
If you don't get it after 30 days, call us at 360.902.3900 (TTY: call 711).
- Tips for visiting an office: Driver licensing offices
- REAL ID
- Change your name on your driver license or ID card
- Change your name or address: EDL/EID