Weather and road conditions may affect some of our licensing locations. Be sure to check the status of your local office before you go.

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Change your address: EDL/EID

You have 10 days to change the address on your enhanced driver license (EDL) or enhanced ID card (EID) after moving. You can change your address:

  • Online:
    • The address on your driving record will be updated at no charge.
    • If you want a new EDL/EID with your updated address, you can order one for an additional $20 fee.
  • In person at a driver licensing office. You'll need to:
    • Show us your current EDL/EID.
    • Show us proof of residence with your new address on it.
    • Pay the $10 fee.

Don't forget to update your:

Vehicle registration

You may also need to change your address on your vehicle registration. Updating your address on your driver license doesn't automatically change your address on your vehicle registration.

Good To Go! account

If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:

What if I haven't received my driver license yet?

If you don't get it after 30 days, email us at

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Call us: 360.902.3900

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website