Renew your EDL/EID
You have options:
- Renew online without creating an account.
- Log in or join to renew online and save your information.
- By mail, if your renewal letter gives you this option.
Is your address up-to-date?
Because your residence address is on your driver license, make sure it's updated. You have 10 days to change your address on your driver license or ID. We can't forward your license from your previous address so if needed, please change your address before you renew.
When can I renew?
You can renew up to:
- 1 year before your license expires. It usually expires on your birthday.
- 60 days after it's expired. We won’t charge a late fee, but you could be penalized by law enforcement.
If your license has been expired over:
- 60 days, there's an additional $10 fee to renew.
- 6 years, you can't renew. You’ll need to start over. See steps to getting your first license and proof of identity.
Check if you need proof of residence
Find out if your address matches the USPS . If the search results don't match, or no results are found, you may want to bring verification of your address when you renew.
What if I haven't received my driver license yet?
Questions? Need help?
Call us: 360.902.3900