New state-wide mandate requires masks to visit our offices. Learn more.
Appointments are required for in-person services. Schedule yours now.
Get the latest COVID guidance for businesses.

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Change your Enhanced Driver License (EDL) to an Enhanced ID (EID) card

What you need to know before visiting an office

You must have an appointment to come into a driver licensing office. You can schedule an appointment online.

You must wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Come prepared, wear a mask.

Many of our services are online. Try our online services instead of coming in person!

Things to know

  • If you don't want a driver license anymore, you can change it to an EID card.
  • Your EID can be used for identification but not for driving.
  • If you change from an EDL to a standard ID, your card won't work for air travel or accessing federal facilities beginning May 3, 2023. Learn more by reading our Frequently asked questions about REAL ID.
  • The fee to change to:
    • A standard ID is $54
    • An Enhanced ID is $78
  • Make an appointment to visit a driver licensing office to make the change.

What if I haven't received my EID yet?

If you don't get it after 30 days, call us at 360.902.3900 (TTY: call 711).

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Chatbot icon
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website