Change your Enhanced Driver License (EDL) to an Enhanced ID (EID) card
Things to know
- If you don't want a driver license anymore, you can change it to an EID card.
- Your EID can be used for identification but not for driving.
- If you change from an EDL to a standard ID, your card won't work for air travel or accessing federal facilities beginning May 7, 2025. Learn more by reading our Frequently asked questions about REAL ID.
- The fee to change to:
- A standard ID is $54
- An Enhanced ID is $96
- Make an appointment to visit a driver licensing office to make the change.
What if I haven't received my EID yet?
If you don't get it after 30 days, call us at 360.902.3900 (TTY: call 711).
- Tips for visiting an office: Driver licensing offices
- REAL ID
- Change your name on your driver license or ID card
- Change your name or address: EDL/EID