If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Primary Residence Address Exception

Submit a Primary Residence Address Exception (English, Español, Русский, and more) with a completed Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application only if you meet 1 of the following exceptions to the residence address rule:

  • You have an overseas Military APO/FPO address.
  • U.S. Postal Service mail delivery isn't available at your Washington State primary residence or principal place of business street address.
  • You're on active duty in the military and your home of record is Washington State, but you're currently stationed in another state or jurisdiction.
  • You aren't a Washington resident, but need a valid vehicle or vessel title to get a title in the state or jurisdiction where you live.
  • You aren't a Washington resident, but your vehicle must be registered in Washington State.

Special instructions

Please provide your address information in the "mailing address" field on the Vehicle Title Application (English, Español, Русский, and more).


Call us: 360.902.3770

Chatbot icon