We've upgraded our systems to better serve you. Office wait times will be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience as we change to this new system.

Driver License Extension Request

Use the Driver License Extension Request form to apply for an extension of your driver license if it will expire while you're out of Washington State.


  1. Complete the form and print it on white paper.
  2. Mail the completed form with a check or money order for the $5 fee to:
    Driver Records
    Department of Licensing
    PO Box 3907
    Seattle, WA 98124-3907

Note: Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Your request will be denied if your application is incomplete.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website