Parental Authorization Affidavit
The Parental Authorization Affidavit (English, Español, Русский, and more) is used to grant parental permission or establish the identity of a minor (under age 18) when he or she applies for a:
- Driver license
- Motorcycle endorsement
- ID card
- Instruction permit
How to use the form to grant permission
The affidavit must be signed by the minor's custodial parent or legal guardian in the presence of a notary public or one of our licensing service representatives.
- The adult granting permission takes the form (printed on white paper) to a notary public or driver licensing office along with his or her own license or identification card.
- The adult granting permission fills out and signs the form in the presence of the notary public or licensing service representative (LSR).
- The minor submits the completed, signed form as part of the application, and establishes identity with other documents.
How to use the form to establish identity
The affidavit must be signed by a custodial parent or legal guardian in the presence of one of our licensing service representatives.
- The custodial parent or legal guardian takes the form (printed on white paper) to a driver licensing office, along with:
- All the documents required to prove his or her identity.
- A separate document, such as a birth certificate or school records, to prove his or her relationship to the minor.
- The licensing service representative completes the form and has the parent or legal guardian sign it.
- The minor submits the completed, signed form as part of the application. If acceptable evidence of relationship is shown, the minor won't be required to show other documents to establish identity.
Questions? Need help?