Subpoena and Subpoena Proof of Service
Use this form if you want to subpoena someone to be at your hearing.
Subpoena to a Driver's Hearing (English, Español, Русский, and more)
- Fax this to the Hearings Examiner for signature. You can get their information from the scheduling letter.
- When you get it back, serve a copy to the person, at least 10 business days before the hearing.
Serving the subpoena in person
The subpoena must be personally served by a suitable person:
- They must be a disinterested party.
- 18 or older.
- They either show and read it to the person being served or give it to them.
To serve an arresting officer, leave the subpoena at their Department during normal business hours.
Serving the subpoena by certified mail
If you want to send it by certified mail:
- It must be preapproved by the Hearing Examiner.
- You must agree that the date of service is also the date of delivery.
- The delivery proof will be the date the receipt is returned to you.
If delivered to a witness in an envelope, clearly describe the contents as “Subpoena” on the envelope.
After the subpoena is served…
Fill out the Subpoena Proof of Service (English, Español, Русский, and more), and fax it back to the Hearings Examiner.
- If you use a process server to serve the subpoena, they may fill out and sign their own Proof of Service form.
- Fax the Proof of Service to the Hearings Examiner prior to the hearing.
Inform the Hearings Examiner immediately if you decide not to serve the subpoena.