Want to know if a specific person or business is licensed? Use the "license lookup" tool to find out.
- If we've issued a professional license to a person or business
- If their license is active
- When their license expires
You can search by:
- License number
- Type of license
- Location — Note: Some professional licenses don't list a street address and may not show up if you only search by location.
Need information on a type of license?
Do you want to know how to get or renew a certain type of license? Search professional licenses to find all the information you need on different business and professional licenses available in Washington. Contact information for specific professions is available on each profession's page.
If you didn't find what you were looking for, you may want to check with other state agencies.
- Search business licenses issued through the Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service.
- Find a corporation or LLC registered in Washington with the Office of the Secretary of State's advanced business search.
- Use the Department of Labor & Industries' verify tool to make sure a contractor or tradesperson is registered and licensed and read the hiring a contractor page for more guidance.
- Check a health care provider or facility's license using the Department of Health's provider credential search.