Find the related forms you need to get your security guard license.
Licenses and exams
- Use the Private Security Guard Initial License Application form to apply for new unarmed and armed licenses.
- Use the Private Security Guard Company/Qualifying Principal License Application form to apply for a company license, as a partner to a company, or to change the principal of a company.
- Use the Private Security Guard Company License Renewal Application form to renew a private security guard company license.
- Use the Private Security Guard Company Association Request form to add a security guard with an active license to your company.
- Use the Private Security Guard Exam/Reexam Application form to apply to take the examination to become a certified trainer or to re-take the examination to become a company principal or certified trainer.
- Use the Private Security Guard License Renewal Application form to renew a private security guard license.
- You can make a payment on fingerprint submissions only if you are approved for direct fingerprint submission with the Public Protection Services form.
- Use the Change of Name and/or Address form to report a change of name or address for your company.
Criminal conviction screening
- Professional License Criminal Conviction Screening Request
Use this form to request a review of your criminal conviction history to determine if you are eligible to get a license.
- Public Protection Services Complaint (English, Spanish, Russian, and more)
Use this form to file a complaint against a private security guard or private security guard company.