Learn how to get your seller of travel license and see the supporting documents to have prepared when you apply.
Who needs a license?
You must be licensed to run a business that sells or advertises to sell travel services or travel-related benefits.
How to apply
Note: We issue this license, but the Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Service (BLS) processes it. BLS prints it on the business license they provide. They refer to licenses we issue as endorsements to the business license.
You can apply online with the Department of Revenue.
What you'll need
- Supporting documents shown below, ready for upload
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E-check to pay:
- Applicable BLS fees
- Sellers of travel license fee
Apply by mail
If you would like to apply by mail, please complete or obtain all of the following:
- Business License Application
- Sellers of Travel Registration Addendum
- Supporting documents shown below, if needed
Mail the forms, any supporting documents, and a check or money order payable to the Department of Revenue for the applicable BLS fees and sellers of travel license fee to:
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Supporting documents for your application
See the list of documents you may need to include with your seller of travel license application.
If you hold funds received for retail travel services for more than 5 business days, you must show proof of a financial guarantee in one of the following forms:
- Trust account: Completed Sellers of Travel Trust Account Declaration
- Bond: Completed Seller of Travel/Out-of-State Seller of Travel Surety Bond with the amount of the bond based on the prior year's gross annual income of business conducted with Washington residents:
Gross income and surety bond requirements Annual gross income of business conducted with Washington residents Amount of surety bond or other instrument approved by the DOL $199,999 and under $10,000 $200,000 to $499,999 $20,000 $500,000 to $749,999 $30,000 $750,000 to $999,999 $40,000 $1,000,000 and above $50,000
- Professional association membership: Official certification from the professional association identifying itself and confirming:
- Your membership is in good standing
- You have a minimum of $1,000,000 in errors and professional liability insurance coverage
- You have a bond or equivalent protection of at least $250,000
- The expiration date of your membership
List of authorized agents
You can enter up to 5 employees, independent contractors, or other outside agencies who will sell travel under the authority of this business location's license on your application. If you have more than 5, submit a list of the names, business addresses, and business telephone numbers for these persons on a separate sheet.
If you have any criminal convictions or civil judgments in any jurisdiction within the past 5 years, you can provide documentation to support your explanation of the circumstances.
Out-of-state applicants only
Provide proof of valid registration to conduct business in your home state.