Learn about the Real Estate Appraiser Commission members and find public meetings, agendas and minutes.
The purpose of this advisory commission is to provide new insights, solve business problems, and serve as a liaison between appraisal practitioners, the public, and the Department of Licensing.
The members of the commission have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Meet at the call of the director or upon its own initiative.
- Serve as a liaison between licensed appraisers, the public, and the Department of Licensing.
- Study the Certified Real Estate Appraiser Act (18.140 RCW) and recommend changes to the director or the legislature.
Below are the current commission members, roles, and term expiration dates.
|Scott Biethan, Certified General||Chair||January 31, 2027|
|Claire Elston, Certified Residential||Vice Chair||August 31, 2025|
|Brent Palmer, Certified General||Commissioner||May 31, 2024|
|Dean Potter, Certified General||Commissioner||January 31, 2027|
|Jay Sporn, Certified Residential||Commissioner||August 31, 2025|
|Stan Sidor, Certified General||Commissioner||January 10, 2026|
|Denise Stephens, Certified Residential||Commissioner||January 10, 2026|
This is a record of the meeting schedule, agendas, minutes, and materials related to each meeting.
October 12, 2023 10 a.m.
- Meeting materials posted when available
July 13, 2023 10 a.m.
May 16, 2023 10 a.m.
April 13, 2023 10 a.m.
Meeting cancelled due to lack of quorum
January 12, 2023 10 a.m.
- January 2023 agenda
- January 2023 minutes
- January 2023 audio (MP3, 2 hours 7 minutes)
- January 2023 audio transcript
November 17, 2022 9 a.m.
- November 2022 agenda
- November 2022 minutes
- November 2022 audio (MP3, 54 minutes)
- November 2022 audio transcript
August 18, 2022 9 a.m.
- August 2022 agenda
- August 2022 minutes
- August 2022 audio (MP3, 1 hour 54 minutes)
- August 2022 audio transcript
To request any of these materials in an alternative format, please see our contact information below.