View the current laws and rules for taxis and for-hire drivers and see rulemaking activity.
List of rulemaking activity
Rulemaking is how we create or change rules. See the latest rulemaking for taxis and for-hire vehicles.
Current laws and rules
- Uniform Regulation of Business and Professions Act (Chapter 18.235 RCW)
- Transportation of passengers in for hire vehicles (Chapter 46.72 RCW)
- Ride sharing: Exclusion from for hire vehicle laws (RCW 46.74.020)
- Transportation of passengers in for hire vehicles (Chapter 308-89 WAC)
Explanation of abbreviations
- RCW—Revised Code of Washington (Washington laws)
- WAC—Washington Administrative Code (Washington agency regulations)