Learn the current laws and rules for vehicle transport and disposal businesses, and view rulemaking activity.
List of rulemaking activity
Rulemaking is how we create or change rules. See the latest rulemaking for vehicle transport and disposal.
Current laws and rules
- Towing and impoundment (Chapter 46.55 RCW)
- Unauthorized and abandoned vehicles (Chapter 308-61 WAC)
- Motor vehicle transporters (Chapter 46.76 RCW)
- Transporters (Chapter 308-80 WAC)
- Hulk haulers and scrap processors (Chapter 46.79 RCW)
- Hulk haulers and scrap processors (Chapter 308-65 WAC)
- Vehicle wreckers (Chapter 46.80 RCW)
- Wreckers (Chapter 308-63 WAC)
Explanation of abbreviations
- RCW—Revised Code of Washington (Washington laws)
- WAC—Washington Administrative Code (Washington agency regulations)