If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.
Intermittent-use trailer plate and sticker

Intermittent-use trailer plates

Starting January 1, 2023, vehicle registrations allow the removal of your address. New registrations have your address located on the bottom. There's a dotted line showing where to cut it. This is optional and intended to provide address privacy in case of theft.


  1. Trailer and plate requirements
  2. Find out the fees
  3. Submit your payment and application
  4. Using restored Washington (WA) license plates
  5. Update your Good-to-Go! account, if you have one

1. Trailer and plate requirements


  • Must be registered in WA
  • Have a standard license plate, or
    • A restored plate that was issued by us the year the intermittent-use trailer was manufactured
  • Must be in good working order
  • Have a scale weight of 2,000 pounds or less
  • You can use them for:
    • Club activities, exhibitions, tours, and parades
    • Occasional pleasure use
  • You can't:
    • Rent them to the public - personal use only
    • Use them for commercial or business purposes


  • They can only be used on the trailer they were purchased for
  • Install the plates on the rear of the trailer

2. Find out the fees

  • Standard plates initial fee: $20.75
  • Restored plates initial fee: $43.75
  • Plus registration fee: $187.50
  • Plus other applicable fees

Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total fees.

3. Submit your payment and application

Mail your payment and Specialty License Plate Application to:

Special Plate Unit
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9043
Olympia, WA 98507-8500

4. Using restored Washington (WA) license plates

  • You can use restored WA plates instead of Collector Vehicle plates.
  • The restored plate must be from the same year that the vehicle/trailer was manufactured.
  • The plates must be restored to their original design. You can’t use reproductions.
  • For more information, see Restored plates.

5. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed

If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Chatbot icon