Renew your boat registration
How to renew
There are several ways to renew your boat registration:
- Log in or join to renew online with License eXpress.
Securely renew and manage your vehicles, motorcycles, trailers, driver license and their addresses all in one place! Need to renew your boat? You can do that through License eXpress too!
- Renew online without setting up an account.
- Pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express debit or credit card (no gift cards).
- Renew at a vehicle/boat licensing office
- Pay with cash, check, or money order. Some debit/credit cards are accepted at most offices.
- Be sure to bring:
- The boat registration or registration number (WN#)
- Proof that you're the registered owner. For a list of exceptions, contact a vehicle/boat licensing office.
- Renew by mail
You may also want to:
Changes to hull identification number (HIN) standards effective January 1, 2017
All state titled vessels must have a 12-character HIN that meets federal standards as required by the Coast Guard. See Hull Identification Number (HIN) Display Instructions for the details.
When to renew
You can renew 6 months before your decals expire. All boat decal/registrations expire June 30th.
Change of name or address
If you need to update the name or address for your boat, you must visit an office. For more information, see:
Questions? Need help?