Medal of Honor plates
- Find out if you qualify.
- Plate options.
- Submit your proof and application.
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed.
- Renew your plates.
1. Find out if you qualify
If you're a WA state vehicle owner and received the Medal of Honor:
- You'll need to submit proof from Department of Veterans Affairs that you received the Medal of Honor.
- You can get plates for up to 3 vehicles.
- These plates are exempt from licensing fees.
2. Plate options
These plates are flat. They don't have raised characters
Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost to get these plates. If you want your Medal of Honor plates:
- To get the next available number, continue to step 3. Submit your proof and application.
- Medal of Honor plates can't be personalized.
- You may choose to have a standard mountain background, if you don't want the Medal of Honor background.
3. Submit your proof and application
Mail your proof along with the Military License Plate Application:
- A letter of eligibility from Department of Veterans Affairs verifying that you've received the Medal of Honor.
- Payment of any applicable fees.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
5. Renew your plates
You're not required to renew your Medal of Honor plates or tabs.