Our website is getting a new look! Coming Summer 2023 – stay tuned!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Real estate appraiser by reciprocity

You may get a reciprocal license or certificate to practice real estate appraising in the state of Washington if you're:

  • Currently licensed or certified in another state that meets federal guidelines.
  • and
  • In good standing with that state's regulatory board.

How to apply

You can apply online or by mail.


Log in or sign up to apply online.

By mail

Mail the completed Real Estate Appraiser Reciprocal License/Certification Application with a check or money order for the license fee (payable to the Department of Licensing) to:

Real Estate Appraisers
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3917
Seattle, WA 98124-3917

Related laws

Questions? Need help?

Chatbot icon