How to take your exam: Managing brokers
Apply to take the exam online
- Login or sign up to take one of the Managing Broker exams..
- After you receive approval from us, wait 4 business days before trying to schedule your exam.
- You must register as a student with our testing vendor, PSI Testing Excellence. To register as a student with PSI:
- Schedule your exam online or by phone at 855.746.8168. To schedule online:
- Go to https://online.goamp.com/CandidateHome/CandidateInformation.aspx.
- Complete the 3 fields:
- Real Estate
- Washington Real Estate Examination Program
- Select proper examination type:
- Managing Broker Examination (DOL approved to upgrade your broker license)
- Managing Broker Level C Examination (DOL approved to take Alternate Managing Broker examination)
- Managing Broker Reciprocity Examination (DOL approval received)
- Select "Register for this exam".
What to bring to the testing center
You must bring 2 current (not expired) forms of identification with you to the testing center:
- They must include your current name and signature.
- At least 1 of them must have your current photograph.
- If you don't bring your identification, you won't be allowed to take the exam.
Your exam results are valid for 1 year. If you don't apply for a license before your results expire, you'll have to reapply to take the exam. You may also have to meet additional education requirements.
If you fail the exam
If you fail the state or national exam, you'll get instructions for retaking it. If you fail part of the exam, you'll need to retake the part you failed. If you do not pass both parts within 6 months of each other, you must take both exams again.
To reschedule and exam, follow step 4 above, but click on “Reschedule this Exam”.
For veterans, military personnel, and partners
Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. For more information visit military assistance.
If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. For more information, visit Get paid back for test fees.
Questions? Need help?