How to reinstate your license: Real estate brokers and managing brokers
You can reinstate your license if your license has been in canceled status for less than 2 years per WAC 308-124A-780. If your license expired more than 3 years ago, you must start again. Refer to How to get your license: Real estate brokers or How to get your license: Managing brokers.
Things to know
- License expires every 2 years
- You must submit reinstatements within 3 years of the date your license expired
- Fingerprint based background check results expire every 6 years
- The results on file must be current
Before you reinstate
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you can reinstate and the amount you will owe. You will receive an email with written details.
- Complete your continuing education requirements. You must complete it within 1 year of your application to reinstate.
- Be ready to answer legal background questions and provide documents if needed.
- If the fingerprint based background results on file aren’t current, submit your fingerprints:
- Within Washington: Go to www.identogo.com to schedule an appointment through Idemia
- Outside Washington: Call Real Estate Regulatory at 360.664.6484
- For more information visit Fingerprinting and background checks
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
- Copies of your course completion certifications ready to upload.
How to reinstate
You can reinstate online or by mail.
Reinstating online is the quickest method and can be issued the same day. You will be able to activate with a firm the same day.
Reinstate by mail
- Expect a minimum of 21 days for your application to be processed.
- Complete a Real Estate License Renewal form
- Include a check or money order for the amount staff has given you in an email
- Include a copy of the email with the amount to pay and mail to:
Real Estate Licensing
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3856
Seattle, WA 98124-3856
Continuing education requirements
Visit the course search for a list of approved continuing education courses.
|Renewal type||Required continuing education|
|Brokers or managing brokers||
You must complete course work within 1 year preceding the application for reinstatement:
Please email our office for your exact requirements and fee total to reinstate. Include your full name and previous license number in the email.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.6500