How to renew your license: For hire/taxi vehicle certificates
Things to know
- Vehicle certificates expire in 1 year
- You can renew 120 days before they expire
The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.
How to renew
Renew online with the Department of Revenue
What you'll need:
- A valid email address, if you'd like your vehicle certificates emailed to you for faster service
- If adding vehicles, supporting documents shown below, ready for upload
- MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E–check for:
- Applicable BLS fees
- Vehicle certificate and taxi meter fees
Want to renew by mail?
Follow the instructions on your renewal letter. If you did not receive a renewal letter, contact Business Licensing Service at 360.705.6741. Have your Unified Business Identification (UBI) number ready.
Supporting documents for your renewal
- If you are adding vehicles:
- Vehicle registration certificates for added vehicles* – Copy for each taxi with Use Class of "F/H" or "CAB". See sample registration.
- Updated Certificate of liability insurance to show added vehicles* – It must show:
- Insurance company name – approved to do business in WA
- Policy number
- Name of insured (owner name) and operating name (DBA/trade name)
- Coverage effective and expire dates
- $325,000 – minimum combined single limit coverage or $300,000/$100,000/$25,000 – split limit coverage
- Year, make and VIN of each car – VIN must match the registration
- Certificate holder box shows – State of Washington, Department of Licensing, PO Box 9039, Olympia, WA 98507–9039
After you renew
After all correct documents have been received, we will send your license to the address on file within 14 business days. If you provided an email address, your vehicle certificates will be emailed to you.