Our website is getting a new look! Coming Summer 2023 – stay tuned!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

How to get your license: Sellers of travel

Who needs a license?

Any business that sells, or advertises to sell, travel services or travel-related benefits.

How to apply

Note: We issue this license, but it's processed by the Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Service (BLS). BLS prints it on the business license they provide. They refer to licenses issued by us as endorsements to the business license.

Apply online with the Department of Revenue

What you'll need

  • Supporting documents shown below, if needed, ready for upload
  • Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E-check to pay:

Want to apply by mail?

  1. Complete or obtain all of the following:
  2. Mail the forms, any supporting documents, and a check/money order payable to Department of Revenue for the applicable BLS fees and sellers of travel license fee to:
    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Supporting documents for your application

  • If you hold funds received for retail travel services for more than 5 business days, you must show proof of a financial guarantee in one of the following forms:
    • Trust account: Completed Sellers of Travel Trust Account Declaration
    • Bond: Completed Seller of Travel/Out-of-State Seller of Travel Surety Bond with the amount of the bond based on the prior year's gross annual income of business conducted with Washington State residents:
      Gross income and surety bond requirements
      Annual gross income of business conducted with Washington residents Amount of surety bond or other instrument approved by the DOL
      $199,999 and under $10,000
      $200,000 - $499,999 $20,000
      $500,000 - $749,999 $30,000
      $750,000 - $999,999 $40,000
      $1,000,000 and above $50,000
    • Membership in Sellers of Travel professional association: Official certification from the professional association identifying itself, affirming your membership in good standing, confirming that both $1,000,000 minimum in errors and professional liability insurance coverage and a bond or equivalent protection of at least $250,000 are in effect during your membership, and the expiration date of your membership.
  • You can enter up to 5 employees, independent contractors, or other outside agencies who will sell travel under the authority of this business location's license on your application. If you have more than 5, submit a list of the names, business addresses, and business telephone numbers for these persons on a separate sheet.
  • If you have any criminal convictions or civil judgments in any jurisdiction within the past 10 years, you can provide documentation to support your explanation of the circumstances.
  • Out-of-state applicants only: Proof of valid registration to conduct business in your home state

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Chatbot icon