Committing 2 or more violations in separate incidents will result in a disqualification of your CDL for life.
What kinds of violations will result in this kind of disqualification?
- Conviction in court for driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content of 0.04 or more
- Refusing to submit to a breath or blood test while driving any motor vehicle
- Leaving the scene of an accident involving a motor vehicle
- Using any motor vehicle in the commission of a felony
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle with a suspended, revoked, canceled, or disqualified CDL
- Causing a fatality through the negligent operation of a commercial motor vehicle (including but not limited to vehicular homicide or assault)
How long will my license be disqualified?
How do I re-qualify?
You can't re-qualify for a CDL under this type of disqualification.
Can I appeal the disqualification?
You may request an administrative review.