Register as a Training Provider or Instructor
Our online service is the quickest way to manage your professional or business license.
You must use Google Chrome to use our online service.
Setting up your access
You must set up access before using the Professional and Business Licensing service for the first time. Using your Chrome browser, create a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) login or use an existing SAW login.
You already have a SAW login if you:
- Have a License eXpress account for your driver, vehicle, or business licenses
- Have done business online with:
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Labor and Industries
- Employment Security Department
If you already have SAW login, use Chrome to login with your existing username and password.
- Add the Professional and Business Licensing service to your list of services.
These resources will help you through the process of setting up your access:
- Create your user access to the Professional and Business Licensing System
- Frequently asked questions - SAW and MFA
- How to setup a new professional licensing account
- Link to your existing professional license
- Link to your existing business license
What you'll need to be a Training Provider
A training provider must adhere to state and or federal training requirements. Per:
You must renew your authorization every 2 years.
What you'll need to be a Training Provider Instructor
Instructors must meet the requirements defined in WAC 308-100-005 for Behind the Wheel (BTW), and Theory Instructors.
How to apply
Instructions for applying
There is no fee to apply to be a CDL training provider or instructor.
Renewing your CDL training instructor or provider authorization
Renewal of your authorization must be done online.