We're upgrading our systems to better secure your information. All vehicle and driver licensing offices will be closed August 31 – September 3, 2018. Some online services will be affected before and during the new system launch. We encourage you to complete your transactions now, in our offices or online.

CDL disqualifications: Driving a commercial motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content of .04 or more

How long will my license be disqualified?

  • First incident: 1 year (3 years if the incident occurred while you were transporting hazardous materials.)
  • Second incident or more: For life

How do I re-qualify?

  • First incident:
  • Second incident or more: You can't re-qualify from a lifetime disqualification.

Can I appeal the disqualification?

Yes, if your BAC was above a .08 the hearing will cover both your personal and commercial driver license. If your BAC was below a .08 the hearing will cover your commercial driver license.

Related laws

RCW 46.25.090(1)(b) and (2): Disqualification — Grounds for, period of — Records

Questions? Need help?

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website