Google™ Translate Limitations & Disclaimer

Types of CDLs

Types of vehicles that can be driven with each class of CDL

Commercial vehicles are divided into 3 size classes: A, B, and C.

CDL class What you can drive
  • Single or combination vehicles of any size.
  • Single vehicles of any size.
  • Vehicles towing a trailer with a weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less.
  • Any vehicles listed under Class C, if properly endorsed.
  • Vehicles carrying 16 or more persons including the driver.*
  • Vehicles carrying hazardous materials with a weight rating of 26,001 pounds or less.*

* Requires a special endorsement

CDL endorsements

You may also need a special endorsement if you will:

  • Carry passengers.
  • Haul hazardous materials.
  • Drive double-trailer, triple-trailer, or tank vehicles.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website