You must complete a total of 2 tests to get your 3W endorsement:
This test measures your knowledge of:
Make sure you study the Motorcycle Operator Manual.
After you pass the test you'll eligible for an instruction permit to practice riding on public highways.
1. To legally operate a motorcycle in the State of Washington you must wear the following:
Reference in Motorcycle Operator Manual: 2-2 Create Your Own Safety with Functional Gear
2. When riding in a group, a motorcyclist should:
Reference in Motorcycle Operator Manual: 6-5, 6-6 Peer Pressure-Riding in Groups
3. The best way to stop safely on a motorcycle is to:
Reference in Motorcycle Operator Manual: 3-9 Quick Stops
4. As a rider swerves to avoid a collision, they should also:
Reference in Motorcycle Operator Manual: 3-10 Swerves
5. Which of the following are examples of rider impairment?
Reference in Motorcycle Operator Manual: 6-1 Types of Impairments
The riding skills test measures your ability to operate a 3W motorcycle legally and safely.
After you pass both the knowledge and riding skills tests you’re eligible for a 3W motorcycle endorsement to ride on public highways.