Learn the current laws and rules for tattoos, piercing, and body art, and view rulemaking activity.
List of rulemaking activity
Rulemaking is how we create or change rules. See the latest rulemaking for tattoos, piercing, and body art.
Current laws and rules
- Body art, body piercing, and tattooing (Chapter 18.300 RCW)
- Uniform regulation of business and professions act (Chapter 18.235 RCW)
- Electronic benefit cards — Prohibited uses — Violations (RCW 74.08.580)
- Electrology and tattooing standards for sterilization procedures and infection control (Chapter 246-145 WAC)
- Body art, body piercing, and tattooing rules (Chapter 308-22 WAC)
Explanation of abbreviations
- RCW—Revised Code of Washington (Washington laws)
- WAC—Washington Administrative Code (Washington agency regulations)